Rajasthan is called as country of rajputs. Famous for historical forts, palaces, havelis, heritage monuments etc. It has rich artistic and cultural tradition. Camel plays an important role.
CULTURE : Rajasthan is full of culture and tradition. Number of forts, havelis, palaces shows the deep culture of the state.
Ghoomar from Udaipur is a famous dance form in India. While Jaisalmer has kalbeliya. Folk songs are the specialties mostly based on heroic stories, love stories. Religious bhajans are also a part of their culture. Rajasthan is widely famous for its textile. You can see variety of stoned handicrafts. Zari embroidery is much more famous. Richness of the culture can be seen in the furniture cravings as well.
CUISINE : Rajasthan is best known for its unique cooking styles and food habits. Breads made with corn, barley, millet are widely famous. Most of the Rajasthani population is vegetarian.
1.Dal bati churma : This is the most famous dish of Rajasthan. Rajasthani food is incomplete without it. Batis are dipped in ghee with dal. Churma is an appetizer. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must try it this time.
2.Laal mass : This is the most favourite dish made with red chillies which gives the perfect red colour to it. This spicy dish is mainly served witj bajara roti or plain rice.
- Gatte ki khichdi : Typical rajasthani preparation made with rice and besan dumplings. It is a one meal dish mainly served for the evening snacks.
- Rajasthani kadi : This kadi is different from others as it is rich in Rajasthani flavours. This kadi is the spicy version of all.
TOURISM : Rajasthan is in everyone’s wishlist. This is the most famous tourist place in India. You can see the different lifestyle, historical places, deserts, forts, and the cities full of colours.
1.Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer is known as a golden city. It offers so many forts, palaces, temples as well as museums. You cannot miss the Desert festival. You can enjoy the camel safari here.
Must visit places : Jaisalmer for sand dunes, gadisagar lake,, tanot mata temple
- Jaipur : Capital of Rajasthan is known as pink city. The city is full of heritage and historical monuments. You can shop here rajasthani crafts, textiles, gems.
Must visit places: city palace, amber fort palace, birla mandir.
3.Jodhpur : Because of the sunny weather and blue houses in the city, the city is called as blue city. It also offers forts, palaces and temples.
Must visit places : Mehrangarh fort, kalyan lake & garden, jaswant thanda , umaid bhavan palace.
- Sawai Madhopur : It is declared as the UNESCO heritage for cultural history of kings and aechitectures. This is home to ranathambhore national park. Many people visit to see tigers. You can enjoy jungle safari, photography, birdwatching here.
Must visit places : Ranthambhore national park, 10th century ranathambhore palace.
- Pushkar : This holy city is famous for annual camel fair. It has the unique Bfamha temple. Pushkar lake is famous for its magnificent evening aartis. You can enjoy boating here.
Must visit places : camel fair, bramha temple,, pushkar lake.
Udaipur : This city has number of lakes hence called as city of lakes. The city is known as “Venice of East”. You can enjoy beautiful winter and mesmerising landscapes here. You can enjoy boating and photography here.
Must visit places : city palace, Jag mandir, Jagdish temple, swaroop sagar, fateh sagar lake , udai sagar lake, lake pichola, kumbhargarh fort.